Welcome to the world of crafts and crafters......Handmade is the new BLACK! :)

Welcome to Crafts Around the World.

This blog is hosted by www.SweetestCharms.Com dedicated to aspiring crafters, work at home moms, entrepeneur, infopreneur, internetpreneurs. A secret place to learn how to sell your crafts online.

"Great treasures are meant to be found. After all, it's the hidden ones that are the most worthwhile discovery one might find in his/her lifetime." - Lin

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Business with a Heart

I need to buy this to research more on Walt Disney.



I want to share to you something I read from John Maxwell's book,

"One thing I’ve noticed about romantics: They try to create a new and better world from the drabness of everyday life. That is Starbuck’s aim, too. We try to create, in our stores, an oasis, a little neighborhood spot where you can take a break, listen to some jazz, or ponder universal or personal or even whimsical questions over a cup of coffee.

Who dreams up such a place?

From my personal experience, I’d say that the more uninspiring your origins, the more likely you are to use your imagination and invent worlds where everything seems possible.

That’s certainly true of me."


Howard Schultz - Starbucks Founder
From: John Maxwell's Put Your Dream to The Test

What Walt Disney and Howard Schultz tried to capture was their customers hearts. I've been reading a lot on business books and I can recall those movies especially Sabrina with Linus Larrabee representing a heartless man, saying "a walking heart donor" I thought that method was interesting. Be heartless, it's not personal, it's business. But maybe... that's not me. That's not what Sweetest Charms, Simply Lin and Beads Around the world is.

Most business these days, especially on the retail department, people just come and go and purchase the things they need or the things they desire. But after a couple of days they'd forget about the product that they bought as if it was just a momentary thing.

Though I know that I sell products, but what's different is that behind those products, I sell service. You see, Disney didn't just sell products, Starbucks didn't just sell hot white chocolate mocha grande. They sold experience. Service. Creating a customer relationship bringing the customer back. Most of our customers here are comebacks. Approximately 75%. We guarantee our products. And most of all we deliver service.

I am still studying the ways of how Disney works and every time I watch videos, listen to Disney music it just captures my heart in ways I can't explain. It feels like magic. And someday, if not now, we will bring that magic to you through our products. Help us grow, help us deliver this rightful service to you. You may email us suggestions through info[@]sweetestcharms.com So we can provide a better service.

I love this line of Mr. Schultz

"Invent worlds where everything seems possible."


Yours Truly,

Lin-Lin
http://www.sweetestcharms.com
http://simplylin.etsy.com
http://aroundtheworld.etsy.com

0 comments:

 

Hands that Care Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template