Welcome to the world of crafts and crafters......Handmade is the new BLACK! :)

Welcome to Crafts Around the World.

This blog is hosted by www.SweetestCharms.Com dedicated to aspiring crafters, work at home moms, entrepeneur, infopreneur, internetpreneurs. A secret place to learn how to sell your crafts online.

"Great treasures are meant to be found. After all, it's the hidden ones that are the most worthwhile discovery one might find in his/her lifetime." - Lin

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ink Productions on the spotlight



Website: http://www.InkyProductions.etsy.com/
Blog: http://inkyproductions.blogspot.com/
Products: Victorian Inspired Floral Art Pendants
Country/Location: USA

Can you tell us something about yourself?

I've recently graduated from university with a Bachelor of Fine Art in Art - concentration drawing and painting. I love the rain, read romances, adore Victorian/Regency inspired jewelry and crafts, drink tea (favorites being Prince of Wales, China Black, Irish Breakfast, and Chamomile) always with a spoonful of honey and in desperate times sugar, and watch movies snuggled under a cozy blanket.

What are your goals for your crafting?

To give others joy. I want my floral art pendants to resonate with its owner and be meaningful to her, in and throughout her life.

Where do you find the inspiration for your designs?

The Language of Flowers (many guides online and off) provide me with a lot of inspiration. I troll for floral meanings that are evocative and sentimental. When I find flowers that appeal to me I do more research to learn how to draw the flowers and make an accurate or graphic representation of the flower.

Describe your daily routine.

When it comes to my work I research flowers for id

How long have you been crafting?
My mother will tell you I've been an artist since I could hold a crayon and scribble on the walls. I think I truly aspired to be one when I was in high school. I think now that I've graduated from college I am well on my way to defining my style and personal voice.

Are you a full time or part time crafter?

More than part time and less than full time! :)

What made you decide to focus on your crafting and make it a business?

I chose to start Inky Productions as a way to make my fine art affordable to all so that many could enjoy what I do and not just a few.

How do you market or promote your items and where can we see it?
I use Indeigo (I'm spotlight this week) which is an online Indie advertising venue that's free to use as long as you place the script for the ads on your website/blog and I'm a part of We Love Etsy social bookmarking site.

What can you say about your choice of work?

What girl doesn't love the idea of a romantic rendezvous with a secret lover? The act of exchanging flowers has long been established and in the past it used to be done as a way to exchange messages between lovers. While many flowers tell a tale of love and passion many others are sad and sorrowful and still more extol emotions and attributes. You can celebrate birth, love, passion, friendship, grief, hope - life with flowers. My pendants are not transitory like real flowers and will offer a lifetime of pleasure.

What can you tell your other fellow crafters?

The only thing one can give an artist is leisure in which to work. To give an artist leisure is actually to take part in his creation. -Ezra Pound, poet (1885-1972)

2 comments:

Keira Gillett on June 18, 2009 at 7:53 AM said...

Thank you for spotlighting me today! Your blog is beautiful!

Lin on June 18, 2009 at 5:47 PM said...

it was an honor to read your write up :) it inpired me and i hope that it'll inspire other crafters out there :)

 

Hands that Care Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template